The haerenga to Maungaharuru was postponed due to weather. At a later date we will visit the tītī site at Boundary Stream Reserve. There will be kōrero on the history of our maunga and the mahi of Poutiri Ao ō Tāne.
For a seat on the FREE bus (first in first serve basis) contact Trevor Taurima on 027 5453117.
If you are travelling by PRIVATE VEHICLE please also contact Trevor who will provide important information.
• Dress and take clothing suitable for the weather and maunga (it can be colder and windier than in town)
• Cut lunch provided. Suggest take your own extra goodies/water
• DON’T FORGET YOUR MEDICATION … if applicable.
• 7.30am – Free Bus leaves NIMONS Whakatū Depot
• 8am Bus departs Ahuriri Hot Chick, Napier
• 8.20am Bus departs Bay View BP Station
• 8.45am Bus departs Tangoio Settlement Road
• 10amish; arrive on Maungaharuru Tītī Site.
• Presentations on the history of Maunga, Whenua, Manu Re-translocation and Pest Management
• 2.30pm depart Maunga
• 4pm arrive Whakatū Depot