To be able to vote on the Marae Options, you must either be registered with Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust (MTT) or registered on the Voters Database.
The Voters Database is for whānau who wish to vote on the Marae Options, but do not want to become members of Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust (MTT). If you do wish to become a member of MTT, please fill in a MTT registration form, available at www.tangoio.maori.nz/register or call 0800 TANGOIO (or 06 835 3300).
To be eligible to register on the Voters Database, you must whakapapa to (be a descendant by birth of) one or more of the following tīpuna (ancestors). You must also provide your full name, date of birth and address details.
- Tataramoa (Ngāti Kurumōkihi, formerly known as Ngāi Tatara)
- Tukapua I (Marangatūhetaua, also known as Ngāti Tū)
- Te Ruruku (through Hemi Puna and Taraipene Tuaitu) (Ngāi Te Ruruku ki Tangoio)
- Whakaari (Ngāti Whakaari)
- Tauira and Mateawha (Ngāi Tauira)
- Tahumatua II (and one of the tīpuna above) (Ngāi Tahu)
The MTT Whakapapa Committee will consider your whakapapa as recorded in your application. You will then be notified via post or email whether or not your application has been accepted.