• Leadership Role • Operational Management & Delivery • Hawke’s Bay based •
Grow prosperity of this innovative Trust via operationally applying strategy to drive goals and future direction.
On June 19, Shane Taurima, Toihou (Chairperson), announced the resignation of James Lyver. We are now seeking to appoint a new Kaiwhakahaere Matua – General Manager to take MTT into the next phase of development and continue to progress hapū aspirations.
Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust (MTT) is a Post Settlement Governance Entity (PSGE) based in the magnificent Hawke’s Bay. The Trust represents ngā hapū namely, Marangatūhetaua – also known as Ngāti Tū, Ngāti Kurumōkihi, Ngāti Whakaari, Ngāi Tauira, Ngāi Te Ruruku ki Tangoio, and Ngāi Tahu. A highly successful and innovative Trust with over 5,000 registered members, which seeks to ‘strengthen (our) culture to provide a sense of belonging, identity, confidence and pride’. The Trust has developed a governance and organisational structure to manage the assets obtained through the Settlement and set up a commercial company called Maungaharuru-Tangitū Limited (MTL) which has continued to grow its commercial assets. To continue the great mahi already delivered, we are seeking to appoint a Kaiwhakahaere Matua – General Manager to take the Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust into the next phase of development to continue to progress hapū aspirations.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the GM will be accountable for effectively leading and managing the Trust’s operations and activities, whilst ensuring that the outcomes of the Trust’s strategic direction are met. The GM leads a small team that operationalises the strategic plan to achieve outcomes across five strategic focus areas: – Strong people; Strong Marae & Culture; Strong Hapū Economy; A Treasured Environment and Maungaharuru-Tangitū Group – A Great Organisation. The GM will need to form close relationships with iwi stakeholders and develop strategic alliances with organisations across social, health, cultural, youth, education, and environmental sectors, while managing the risks and protecting the assets; and further growing the Trust’s prosperity in a sustainable manner for future generations.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- A proven track record as a GM or senior manager within a reasonably sized and complex business, preferably within a Māori organisation.
- A “hands on” management approach and you will be expected to lead from the front understanding the value of relationships and reputation.
- Fluency in Te Reo Māori is desirable.
- The ability to work in a kaupapa Māori environment and to translate Māori knowledge into mainstream frameworks, as well as a sound knowledge of tikanga Māori.
- Superior management skills; financial and business acumen; operational planning, risk and gap analysis, budgetary development, and delivery.
- The capacity to make things happen, develop teams, and build a strong culture through a nurturing leadership style, political savvy, and strong personal values.
- Extensive report writing and delivery experience.
- A community development orientation using a partnership and solution-based approach to driving projects and initiatives.
- A relevant tertiary qualification is essential.
- Some knowledge of relevant legislation and its application (such as settlement legislation and the RMA), as well as an appreciation of tribal history in the Hawkes Bay would be useful.
The role is based in the Hawkes Bay with access to a range of high-quality lifestyle opportunities. It is an exciting role with influence and profile, and will play an integral part in achieving key strategic goals to continue to grow the reputation of MTT as a credible partner, as well as maximising opportunities for the future of the Trust’s beneficiaries in the post settlement era. Cultural alignment is critical to its overarching success and as such will only appoint those who will contribute positively to the organisation. You will join a fantastic team of people who are enthusiastic, positive, and invested in what they do.
For more detailed job-related information and confidential enquiries please ring Michelle de Beer on 021 798 882. To apply, please email a Cover Letter and current CV to email@example.com. Also visit the Seek NZ website for more information.
Applications Close: Wednesday, 26 August 2020.