• Leadership Role • Operational Management & Delivery • Hawke’s Bay based •
Grow prosperity of this innovative Trust via operationally applying strategy to drive goals and future direction.
Are you passionate about Māori development and looking for a new challenge in 2021? Are you results driven and experienced at leading a small team that gets things done?
Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust is looking for a dynamic, energetic and experienced Kaiwhakahaere Matua (General Manager) to lead their day to day operations.
Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust (MTT) is a Post Settlement Governance Entity (PSGE) based in the magnificent Hawke’s Bay. The Trust represents ngā hapū namely, Marangatūhetaua – also known as Ngāti Tū, Ngāti Kurumōkihi, Ngāti Whakaari, Ngāi Tauira, Ngāi Te Ruruku ki Tangoio, and Ngāi Tahu. A highly successful and innovative Trust with over 5,000 registered members, which seeks to ‘strengthen (our) culture to provide a sense of belonging, identity, confidence and pride’. The Trust has developed a governance and organisational structure to manage the assets obtained through the Settlement and set up a commercial company called Maungaharuru-Tangitū Limited (MTL) which has continued to grow its commercial assets. To continue the great mahi already delivered, we are seeking to appoint a Kaiwhakahaere Matua – General Manager to take the Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust into the next phase of development to continue to progress hapū aspirations.
You will be able to demonstrate your experience in the following areas:
- Senior leadership experience, with a proven ability to lead people and strategic priorities
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to implement strategy, make things happen and build a strong culture
- Effective relationship, financial management and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori is desirable
- Previous experience reporting to a board would be a definite advantage
This is an opportunity to take your career and this organisation to the next level.
For a confidential discussion contact HR consultant Michelle de Beer on 021 798 882. To apply, please email a Cover Letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: 29 January 2021