We are looking for six of our whānau to work as rangers in our team called ‘Manu Tāiko’.
Manu Tāiko need to be enthusiastic, fit, drug-free, happy to work outdoors.
The position is:
- 30 to 40 hours per week (negotiable)
- fixed-term for 3 years (but may lead to future opportunities)
- pay rate: $23 to $26 per hour (depending on experience)
- transport provided
- start date Monday 1 November 2021
The crew start with 3 months training at EIT (while being paid). They will achieve the NZ Certificate in Primary Industry Operational Skills (Agriculture/Ecology/Horticulture) Level 2 & 3. Other training will be provided, such as 4WD driving, conservation skills, Te Reo Māori, wānanga and opportunities for training in other interests such as communications, photography, drones, mapping etc.
To apply, please fill in the application form:
- click here to download, or
- pick up one from the MTT office (First Floor 15 Hardinge Rd, Ahuriri – opposite Hot Chick).
Submit by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the MTT office.
You can also send a CV and/or video application if you like (but not compulsory).
Applications close 5pm Thursday 2 September 2021
These roles are part of the Kia eke Te Ngarue, Kia eke Arapawanui project, funded through Jobs for Nature, Te Papa Atawhai (Department of Conservation, DOC).
Toitū te marae a Tāne, Toitū te marae a Tangaroa, Toitū te iwi!