The key purpose of this position is to build Hapū capability, self-reliance, connectedness and social cohesion, with a particular focus on rangatahi and kaumatua.
Key tasks will include;
- Develop and implement the Hapū Development Plan that aligns to the MTT Strategic and Annual Plans;
- Develop a Rangatahi Consultation Group,
- Support Kahui Kaumātua to achieve their objectives in their annual plans;
- Identify opportunities that align to MTT direction;
- Provide leadership and manage the Kaitiaki Opouahi (Opouahi Camp Caretaker);
- Manage the repairs & maintenance of the Opouahi Camp;
- Manage various projects as required by the GM;
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects;
- Identify and source funding for project initiatives;
- Build strong relationships across the Hapū and marae to better understand key opportunities and gaps for Hapū development;
- Work with the GM to develop Health & Safety (H&S) systems and tools to support the direct reports;
- Comply with all H&S legislative and regulatory requirements.
The Kaiwhakawhanake ā-Hapū is an exciting and important position. Leading and supporting the Hapū and it’s members in building their capability (ability and knowledge) and capacity (resources and energy) to achieve their potential.
Please email email@example.com for a job description. You can also visit our website www.tangoio.maori.nz.
Applications close at 5pm, Sunday 28 November 2021.
This is a fixed term full-time role, based in Ahuriri (Napier). To respond to this opportunity, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your CV.
(06) 835 3300, www.tangoio.maori.nz
First Floor, Suite 3B
1 Wright Street, Ahuriri, Napier
P O Box 3376, Hawkes Bay Mail Centre, 4142