We hope this finds you safe and well in your own whānau bubble. We have two issues to raise in relation to MTT & Trustee nominations:
1) Due to the Coronavirus lockdown and restrictions on hui, MTT has decided to postpone the MTT Hui ā-Tau (AGM). Therefore, in accordance with clause 7.1 of our Trust Deed, the AGM scheduled for Saturday 1 August will be postponed to Saturday 26 September 2020, starting at 10am at Tangoio Marae.
2) The Call for Nominations for the two vacant MTT Trustee positions that were due by next Tuesday 14 April has also been postponed. The new dates will be advertised as soon as possible. See below for the Trustee Nominations process.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com, (06) 835-3300 or 0800 TANGOIO (all calls are being diverted).
TRUSTEE NOMINATIONS PROCESS
If you wish to nominate someone to be elected as a Trustee for the Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust, please complete a Nomination Form which is available online or by contacting the Kaiwhakahaere Tari (Office Manager) on (06) 835 3300 / 0800 TANGOIO, firstname.lastname@example.org, or PO Box 3376, Hawke’s Bay Mail Centre, Napier 4142.
A nominee must be an adult registered member of the Trust by the closing date for nominations. To be eligible to be elected a nominee must satisfy the criteria specified in the Trust Deed, clause 1 of Schedule 3. The Nomination Form specifies the required attachments, including a Request for Criminal Convictions History Form. You can access other relevant documents such as the full Trust Deed and Code of Conduct here.
The Nomination Form must:
- be signed by at least five adult registered members;
- include the consent of the nominee;
- be complete with all required attachments; and
- be received by the Kaiwhakahaere Tari (Office Manager) by 5pm [date TBC] (by post, hand delivery directly to the Kaiwhakahaere Tari or email to email@example.com). This deadline will be strictly adhered to.
The current Trustees standing down (who may be nominated for re-election) are Adam Puna and George (Hōri) Reti. A list of current Trustees is available online. At these elections there will be two vacant Trustee positions.
The Trust’s Hui ā-Tau (AGM) will be at 10am Saturday 26 September 2020 at Tangoio Marae.
Important Notice: MTT would like to progress to electronic-only voting, to save on printing and postage costs. Please provide us with your email address.
Noho ora mai,
Nā te Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust