We invite all those who whakapapa to our Hapū to register with the Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust (MTT). Your registration will allow you:
- to be kept in touch with the exciting things that are happening for our Hapū and Tangoio Marae;
- to participate in the decisions of MTT at the AGM and other General Meetings;
- to elect Trustees to MTT; and
- be counted – allowing us to identify who and where our whānau are, thereby helping MTT to better serve our whānau and Hapū.
You can register online or download and post the registration form.
It’s easy to update your contact details, skills information and register your tamariki / mokopuna.
For more info or help, please contact 0800 TANGOIO or email@example.com.
To be eligible to register, you must whakapapa to (be a descendant of) one or more of the following tīpuna (ancestors):
- Tataramoa (Ngāti Kurumōkihi, formerly known as Ngāi Tatara)
- Tukapua I (Marangatūhetaua, also known as Ngāti Tū)
- Te Ruruku (through Hemi Puna and Taraipene Tuaitu) (Ngāi Te Ruruku ki Tangoio)
- Whakaari (Ngāti Whakaari)
- Tauira and Mateawha (Ngāi Tauira)
- Tahumatua II (and one of the tīpuna above) (Ngāi Tahu)