• Hawkes Bay based • 30 hours per week •
Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust (MTT) represents six hapū of the northern Hawke’s Bay region. MTT is a Treaty of Waitangi Post Settlement Governance Entity (PSGE) and the primary purpose is to receive, hold, manage and administer the assets of the trust for any object or purpose that is beneficial to the members of the Hapū.
Reporting to the Kaiwhakahaere Tari, and working closely with the Communications Consultant, the Kaiawhina Whakapā is an integral position responsible for coordinating the delivery of targeted communications, professional marketing materials and administration activities as required by the Trust to achieve it’s strategic and annual plans. Key responsibilities are; social media and website management, coordinate regular pānui and newsletters, contribute to press releases, photography, videography, as well as driving communication initiatives and achieving branding consistency across multiple channels that engages with the wider public.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Previous track record and experience in a similar Communications/Marketing role, preferably in an iwi/Maori organisation;
- Excellent web and social media literacy and understanding of modern digital communication;
- Experience with photography, videography, and graphic design.
- High attention to detail with exceptional written and oral communications skills;
- The knowledge to effectively use the Microsoft suite of products;
- Exceptional organisational skills, a can-do attitude and proactive work ethic;
- Ability to work autonomously and with initiative;
- Sound understanding of Tikanga Maori and some proficiency in Te Reo Maori (an advantage);
The role is based in Napier, where some evening and weekend work will be required. Applicants must have verifiable work rights and eligibility to work in New Zealand.
Applications close: 4:00pm, Thursday 24 December 2020.
For more detailed information and to apply, please ring Michelle de Beer on 021 798882 or for a position description, please access the seek website.
Applications, accompanied by a cover letter & current CV, are to be emailed to ShauniC@svs.co.nz