Do you want to get to know your cousins from Tangoio?
Enjoy new experiences and have fun together?
If you’re aged 13 to 18, check out our Whakatipu Kaitiaki programme!
There will be wānanga throughout the year, the first one is:
- Saturday 30 January to Sunday 31 January 2021
- Overnight stay at Tangoio Marae
- Ki Tai: about our moana and waka
- Registrations due by Friday 15 January 2021
At the January wānanga you will get to:
- sail waka taurua (small 4-person waka). Your safety in the water is important, there will be lifejackets provided.
- sail on board the waka hourua, Te Matau a Māui (the big waka)
- have fun, play games
- meet rangatahi from Tangoio and the other hapū in Ahuriri
- do some activities with your own age group, and other activities all together
There are other exciting kaupapa planned for the year, for more info on the whole rangatahi programme please click here.
This is a FREE programme provided by Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust, working with the 7 hapū of Ahuriri, utilising funding provided by Panpac Environmental Trust.
You can register any one of these ways:
- click here to fill in the online form
- click here to download, print, and fill in the form
- or fill in a hard copy form at the MTT office (First Floor 15 Hardinge Rd, Ahuriri)
You can contact Johanna@tangoio.maori.nz, phone 0800 TANGOIO or message us via Facebook.