Do you want to get to know your cousins from Tangoio?
Enjoy new experiences and have fun together?
If you’re aged 13 to 18, check out our Whakatipu Kaitiaki programme!
- Registrations are due by Thursday 31 March 2022
There will be wānanga throughout the year, the first get together is:
- One afternoon in the first week of April 2022
- Weather dependent so date will be advised closer to the time
- Pōwhiri at Waiohiki Marae (no noho/sleep over this time)
- Ōtātara Pā to watch Matariki setting in the afternoon
The next wānanga will be overnight at Tangoio Marae, where you will get to:
- meet rangatahi from Tangoio and the other hapū in Ahuriri
- do some activities with your own age group, and other activities all together
- sail waka taurua (small 4-person waka). Your safety in the water is important, there will be lifejackets provided.
- sail on board the waka hourua, Te Matau a Māui (the big waka)
- have fun, play games
There are other exciting kaupapa planned for the year, for more info on the whole rangatahi programme please click here.
This is a FREE programme provided by Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust, working with the 7 hapū of Ahuriri, utilising funding provided by Panpac Environmental Trust.
You can register any one of these ways:
- click here to fill in the online form
- click here to download, print, and fill in the form
- or fill in a hard copy form at the MTT office (First Floor 1 Wright St, Ahuriri)