The purpose of the Marae Options Project was to explore options to relocate our Marae or develop our Marae at the current location.
A committee was set up to run the project, for more information see our Committee Terms of Reference.
On the Committee were:
- Kāhui Kaumātua representatives: Bevan Taylor (Pou), Joe Taylor;
- Kuia representatives: Whakiao Hopmans, Rosy Hiha;
- Marae Trustees: Perēri King (Marae Chair), Mutu Spooner;
- Kōhanga Reo representatives: Aroha Taurima, Elaine Cook;
- Rangatahi representatives: Joe Tawhai, Jared Pullar;
- Whānau nominee: Cathy Spooner;
- Co-opted nominee: Rangi Tawhai, Marewa Reti, Whetumarama Kire; and
- MTT Trustees: Shane Taurima (MTT Chair), Tania Hopmans (MTT Deputy Chair), and Adam Puna.
For information on the results of the project, including a video and booklet, please click here.
To see the pānui and videos relating to the series of hui held throughout the project, please click here.