Artist – Karina Reti
- Wednesday 22 February – Tuesday 28 February 2017
- Venue: The Box, 50 Waghorne St, Ahuriri (behind the MTT office)
- The Box will be open and Karina will be onsite: 10am – 2:30pm weekdays and 12pm – 3pm at the weekend.
Born in Invercargill, Karina is married to local man Joe Reti and lives in Napier. She went back to school once her family were grown, to “do something with my scribbles”.
Karina finished with two Degrees:
- 2005-07, Bachelor of Visual Arts and Design, Eastern Institute of Technology, Taradale;
- 2008-09, Bachelor of Maori Art, Toimairangi, Te Wananga o Aotearoa, Hastings.
Inspired by Tangoio Marae’s colourful tīpuna (ancestors) and their stories, Karina has illustrated these with paint on canvas and wood.
Karina comes from a strong line of Ngāi Tahu and Ngāti Kahungunu women, for that reason her art works are interwoven with their impressive tribal histories.
Karina is a keen artist and doesn’t feel that she has yet found her “style or niche” and strives to prove wrong the saying “life gets in the way of creating Art”.
Contact Karina: 021 132 5542 or email@example.com.