• Administration & Office Support • Hawke’s Bay based • Full time
The Trust is looking for a Kaiawhina Tari (Office Assistant) to be primarily responsible for providing administration functions as required MTT. This includes, preparing accounts and financial reports, reviewing policies and procedures, secretarial duties for various boards and registration database management. Additional responsibilities are to provide ongoing support to coordinate programmes and events. He Waka Kairangatira (MTT – A great organisation)
This role is critical to the success of MTT and is a newly created position, reporting to the Kaiwhakahaere Tari (Office Manager). The role will suit an experienced Kaiawhina Tari who is flexible, adaptable and efficient at providing ongoing administrative support for the MTT Group.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Previous track record and experience in a similar administration type position;
- Proven administration skills including database management, typing, eye for detail, filing & cross-referencing for clarity;
- High standard of secretarial skills, including but not limited to; answering phones, taking messages minute taking, listening & board pack compilation;
- Experience providing administrative support in a programmed, project or delivery environment;
- Continuous Improvement Orientation – the ability to critically examine systems, processes and information in order to identify better ways of doing things, and most critically, to incorporate these improvements into day-to-day;
- Organisational awareness and an ability to identify and use structures and procedures within the organisation;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- Excellent communication skills – verbally and in writing;
- Great interpersonal skills with a commitment to customer service;
- The knowledge to effectively use Microsoft Office, Xero, Zoom and other administrative software;
- Exceptional organisational skills, a can-do attitude and proactive work ethic;
- The ability to pick up new tasks quickly;
- Attention to detail and able to prioritise and organise your work;
- Ability to work autonomously and with initiative; and
- Sound understanding of Tikanga Māori and in Te Reo Māori (some proficiency would be an advantage)
- Some familiarity with the takiwā, Tangoio Marae, hapū and iwi.
The role is based in Napier, where some evening and weekend work will be required. Applicants must have verifiable work rights and eligibility to work in New Zealand.
For more detailed information and to apply, please ring Michelle de Beer on 021 798882 or for a position description please click here.
Applications, accompanied by a cover letter & current CV, are to be emailed to ShauniC@svs.co.nz