• Administration • Hawke’s Bay based • Full time
Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust (MTT) represents six hapū of the northern Hawke’s Bay region. MTT is a Treaty of Waitangi Post Settlement Governance Entity (PSGE) and the primary purpose is to receive, hold, manage and administer the assets of the trust for any object or purpose that is beneficial to the members of the Hapū.
Reporting to the Kaiwhakahaere Tari, the Kaiawhina Tari/Office Assistant is primarily responsible for providing administration functions as required for the Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust (MTT). This includes, preparing accounts and financial reports, reviewing policies and procedures, assisting with managing the office and coordinating programmes and events. This relates to a focus area of the Trust: He Waka Kairangatira (MTT Group – A Great Organisation).
This role is critical to the success of the Maungaharuru-Tangitū Trust initiative and is a newly created position. The role will suit an experienced Kaiawhina Tari who is flexible, adaptable and efficient at providing ongoing financial and administrative support for the MTT Group.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Previous track record and experience in a similar administration type position, especially financial processing and reporting;
- An ability to meet the needs of others and focus on identifying and meeting whānau, Hapū, iwi and stakeholders needs;
- Proven administration skills including accounts processing experience;
- Previous knowledge of different financial accounting systems (e.g. Xero, MYOB etc);
- Experience providing administrative support in a programmed, project or delivery environment;
- Continuous Improvement Orientation – the ability to critically examine systems, processes and information in order to identify better ways of doing things, and most critically, to incorporate these improvements into day-to-day;
- Organisational awareness and an ability to identify and use structures and procedures within the organisation;
- Great interpersonal skills with a commitment to customer service;
- The knowledge to effectively use Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher;
- Exceptional organisational skills, a can-do attitude and proactive work ethic;
- The ability to pick up new tasks quickly;
- Attention to detail and able to prioritise and organise your work;
- Ability to work autonomously and with initiative;
- Sound understanding of Tikanga Māori and some proficiency in Te Reo Māori (an advantage);
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- Excellent communication skills – verbally and in writing;
The role is based in Napier, where some evening and weekend work will be required. Applicants must have verifiable work rights and eligibility to work in New Zealand. Applications close: 4:00pm, Thursday 10 December 2020.
For more detailed information and to apply, please ring Michelle de Beer on 021 798882. Applications, accompanied by a cover letter & current CV, are to be emailed to ShauniC@svs.co.nz